Retractable Roof System also known as Pergolas are the perfect “all season” solution with their unique ability to transform the look and feel of any outdoor space. Home and business owners can combine the innovative use of heating and mood lighting with the sliding roof to create a cosy atmosphere where customers, family or friends can enjoy al fresco dining.
Retractable Roofs are practical and versatile. The flexible roof can be retracted back so that the sun can pour in or partly retracted to provide some cool shade. During the winter months, it can be fully closed, providing shelter from the wind and rain.
Key Features of an All Weather Retractable Roof System
- The permanent frames are available in a range of materials from Traditional Timber to a more contemporary and durable powder coated Aluminium
- The waterproof retractable roof covers are available in either SIOEN PVC Based Blackout, FERRARI SOLTIS Non Blackout or SATTLER 3.2mm thick high – a thermal and sound insulation based cover
- When closed, the Automated Retractable Roof is held under tension which creates a flat surface that guarantees the discharge of rain water in to a hidden internal guttering system
- A drip catcher seals prevent water seeping down over the cover edge
- All systems have exclusive patented ‘Fast Coupling’, ‘Quick Block’, Weather-strip and ‘Catch Drop’ technology to facilitate the smooth running of the mechanisms for years to come
- All Retractable Roof Systems are tested to wind resistance class 3 (110M=50KM) equivalent to grade 6-7 on the Beaufort Scale in compliance with European Standard
- All products carry a 5 YEAR GAURANTEE!
Avolon Range of Designs
Retractable Roofs can be made into unique shapes from curved to a parasol style shape resting on one leg with a two sided covering.
Installation wise, they can be suspended from a sturdy wall space as well.
The options are never ending, so we can find a solution that fits your needs.
Avolon Glass Sliding Doors
The Sliding System features tempered glass panels in an easy glide track, allowing them to be smoothly opened or closed.
- Glass panels come in a range of sizes and can be opened internally or externally
- Made of tempered safety glass 10mm thick, when closed they form a single wall
- Door can be fitted with optional stainless steel lock and handle
- Wind resistant Beaufort Scale 10
Avolon Exterior Wind Blinds
Installing exterior wind blinds will enclose your Pergola, completely providing protection from wind and rain
- All feature a top cassette with vertical side guides for smooth running and excellent wind operation
- Available in choice of materials from clear, blackout, shading and insect-mesh
- Manual or motorised operation
- Zip-fasten system available to provide automatic tensioning, making the screen more secure and alleviating the need for a wind support bar
- Aluminium door frame available for easy access
Avolon Optional Extras & Finishing Touches
Adding those extra finishing touches are what makes an outdoor solution really special. At Avolon Outdoors we have a range of options available.
Lighting – LED Lighting can be incorporatedi nto the roof support bars to provide an integral mood lighting system. Two different spot light options are available. All dimmable via the SOMFY RTS Control System
Heating – We provide a wide range of electric outdoor heaters, which efficiently heat your outdoor space on cooler evenings
Internal Fabric Lining – A fabric liner can be applied internally to give a beautiful waved effect inside. Mounted on the wind break support bars on nylon clips and aluminium tubes, the fabric is pocketed to make it secure and does not interfere with the smooth running of the outer Pergola System. The air chamber created between the external and internal covers improves heat and insulation.
Sensors – Motorised Systems can be advanced one step further, with intelligent sun and wind sensors, which enable our products to react automatically depending on the weather conditions.